Arc Test Data
ArcWear maintains an extensive collection of test videos that demonstrate fabric performance in a simulated arc flash environment. All testing shown on these pages was conducted at our testing partner's facilities in Toronto, Canada. For additional test data, videos or information regarding custom arc testing, please call 502.314.7158.
Review Our Tests (PDF)
See disclaimer information below.
- DuPont Protera 6,5 oz Blue over TecaSafe Plus 700, 7 oz, Khaki
- Indura UltraSoft Style 451 Navy, over DRIFIRE Style 69265-10000034FNB Comfort Mesh, Navy
- Indura UltraSoft Style 451 over DRIFIRE Style 69265-10000005FHO Comfort Mesh, HV Orange
- Indura UltraSoft S-451 9 oz Navy over TecaSafe Plus 700 7 oz. Khaki
- Indura UltraSoft Navy over DRIFIRE Style 7324 2-1 Twill, Medium Blue
- TecaSafe Plus 700, Khaki over TecaSafe Plus 700, Khaki
- TecaSafe Plus 700, 7 oz, Khaki, over DuPont Protera, Blue 6,5 oz
- IUS 9oz S-451 over TecaSafe Plus 700,Twill
- 2L Indura 045 9oz Twill over MVM BFR 11.75oz Denim
- 2 layers Protera 180 8oz Twill over MVM ARA 7oz Twill
- 2 layers Protera 180 8oz Twill over MVM HOP 8.5oz
- Tecasafe Plus 700 over Protera 165 65915 Twill
- Tecasafe Plus 700, 7 oz, Khaki, over DuPont Protera, Blue, Denim
- 2 layers Milliken Amplitude 155565 over Polartec 2012-E638C
- 2 Layer Protera 180 85917 Twill over IUS 130 Interlock
- 2 Layer Protera 180 85917 Twill over IUS 301 Twill
- 2 Layer Protera 180 85917 Twill over IUS 961 Duck
- 2 Layer Protera 180 85917 Twill Navy over IUS 391 Denim Blue
- 2 Layer Protera 180 85917 Twill over Indura 308 Denim
- 2 Layer Protera 180 85917 Twill over Indura 045 Twill
- 2-layer Riverside Reliant over Polartec 2012-E638C
- 2-layer Westex 341 over Polartec 2012-E638C
- 2-layer Westex 301 over Polartec 2012-E638C
Interested in One of Our Studies?
If you are interested in the following studies click the link to e-mail Hugh Hoagland.
Our arc test data is offered at no cost to all. The materials have been tested by a utility or other customer at their cost with a discount from ArcWear to make the data public. This data is given with the understanding that Hugh Hoagland Consulting, Inc (dba/ArcWear.com) its owner(s) and Kinectrics and contributing companies may not be held liable for any inaccuracy, use or misuse of this data.
The data has been performed according to ASTM F1959-2006ae1 with three home launderings and at Kinectrics test lab. The data is from materials which are not normally sold by the same company but are commonly used together for support in choosing an arc rated clothing system and to avoid double testing by many companies of the same materials. Using this data for OSHA, NFPA 70E or NESC compliance is sole on the part of the end user and company downloading the data. Call if we can assist you in understanding the data.
Some of the products listed above under name brands could be a different product in the past or future. Contact the material manufacturer to determine the validity of the data and the applicability to your program. Color has been shown to have a difference in multilayer systems unlike single layer systems so be certain your colors are the same. DuPont, Tencate, DRIFIRE, nor Westex have made any claims as to the validity of this data.
Testing was performed independently by ArcWear.com.